Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday is Monday.

What are you going to do?

I realized today that the weekend had completely caught up with me.  I was exhausted, I was in tears for no reason; I laid down on my bed only stir nearly two hours later.  It was crazy.

I feel a ton better now, though.  Sleep is an amazing thing.  I don't think people give it nearly enough credit.  Without sleep, I can seriously not function.  I'm already planning which day this week is going to be my sleep in day.  I'm thinking Friday or Wed.  Both look promising.

I have school tomorrow.

It's only the second week of the spring semester and already I'm not sure I want to go.  I like my classes, even if I don't feel like I'm completely prepared for all of them.  I like the subject matter and the professors.  My classmates aren't bad. 

I think the thing I dread is the hour and half that I have between classes.  Normally breaks are good.  But last week my breaks were just lonely.  And they felt long.  Granted, Tuesday wasn't bad - I was having a feud with the bookstore (ask me about it sometime, it's a thrilling story...) and spent most of my break on the phone with my mom.  But Thursday just sucked.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  I'm just not used to having time by myself like that.  I've gotten used to having people around me almost all the time.  Solitude in a place like school isn't a new experience; just one that I have to get used to again.  I can actually get a ton of stuff done during that time if I let myself.  I know that about myself. 

I just have to get used to being alone in the halls again.  At least for a while.  Cause at some point, I'll know someone - anyone - in the halls and will have a friend again.  It just takes time.

I did homework today.  Granted, not all of the reading is going to get done.  But the journaling is caught up, the bulk of the reading for my first class is done, and I think I'll read the speech stuff between classes.  It's a good use of my time.  I need to get my routine back in order.  Last semester, I had it worked out beautifully.  I went to class, I read on the days that I didn't have class, and everything was done with time to spare.  It worked.  I got plenty of sleep, I was able to maintain a somewhat social life (some may not call it that, but I like the one that I have, it works for me), and I was able to enjoy my semester.

The previous week did not have a good routine.  This week I'm going to do better.

I need to, or I'll be buried alive.

My neighbor's dog is doing a ton better.  My neighbor got home last night and was so relieved.  I was happy; one less thing to worry about now.  With any luck, the dog will never die on me.  And I'll still have steady job.  Next month I'm watching my neighbor's dog and son.  It should be ok.  I'm excited.

It's cold today.  I can't wait until the weather becomes more spring-like.  I wanna wear flip flops.

Ok, that's enough blogging for today.  I have another chapter of reading I need to attempt to get read before dinner.

Until next time, my dear readers.  Have a brilliant rest of your Monday. =)

~Meaghan

No comments: