Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm Exhauted, but It's Okay.

Know why it's okay, dear readers???

Because I got a new story idea!! I was doing the dishes last night, and it hit me.  I ran out of the room and wrote it down in one of my notebooks.  (All good ideas go in a notebook with a date placed on top for future reference.  It's a good habit to be in.)  I then ended up staying awake until after midnight typing out a brief over view of how the whole story is going to go.

Believe me, it's going to be good.  I feel it.

Sadly, I can't tell you anything about it.  Most works need to be kept very quiet.  The reasons for this are a.) so no one steals your ideas (it happens, unfortunately, and I have no desire to be a victim), b.) so that the idea has time to mature and grow, c.) so that the characters have time to mature and grow, and (in my case) d.) so that the whole story will actually get written.

As I said before,  I think it's going to be great.  I'm very excited and hopeful.

In other news...

Being tired makes me act weird.  I spent the first part of the day being over-the-top hyper, and the second half of the day (now) being exhausted and apathetic.  There is no middle ground, I swear.  It was totally worth it though.

I think I'm going to go watch some movies now.  It's my last free weekend before school starts, bringing with it mountains of homework that I'm going to have to battle.  Might as well enjoy it while I can.

~Meaghan

No comments: