Thursday, February 17, 2011

Argh.

No.  I am not a pirate.  You know, just in case you were wondering.  (We've already covered this - ninjas are infinitly cooler.  Do you hear them coming up behind you with a clanking wooden leg?  No.  You don't see them 'til you're a goner.)

I'm just a slightly frustrated young woman who attends a college.  Where she likes a guy.  At least, she thinks she does.  And she thinks he may be interested in her, at least as possible friend material. 

But she's old fashioned and believes the guy should approach first.

And it looks like he's not going to.

Which means that she is going to have to make the first effort.

It drives me nuts.  I'm not overly shy anymore, but I still get nervous talking to guys.  Plus, I have this huge fear of rejection.  I mean, I know everyone else has it too.  But I've had so much bad luck with guys - guys who I've never even had "relationships" with - that I'm really nervous to put myself out there.

But I have a feeling like the window of opportunity may be closing.  I mean, I think I really do like this guy.  He was in one of my classes last semester; he's didn't talk much in class. I see him everywhere this semester.  I'm pretty sure he sees me.  So I think I'm just going to have to try my luck and talk to him first.
I'm praying about it.  I think that might help.

In other news, I'm exhausted.  Thursdays are so long, it feels like they are killing me.  It's my writing class.  I love my major (Creative Writing) and I like the class, but it's nearly three hours long.  We get a break, but I seriously need caffiene (Spelling?  I don't even know right now...) in my blood stream just to keep me going.

(BTW, random bit here, but there's a Jack's Mannequin song that says the same thing in it.  I can't remember off the top of my head what the title is, but it's off the album with "Dark Blue" on it...)

Ok, I'm clocking out now.  I need some dinner and some sleep.

Until the next time, dear readers.

~Meaghan

No comments: