Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Post.

Everytime I think about Friday, I think about that song from the Cure.  You know, the one that goes "It's Friday, I'm in love!"  Now, I'm pretty sure I'm not in love or anything, but it is most assuredly (spelling???) Friday.

Ah, the weekend.  I have mixed feelings about the weekend.  I like having time to myself, but also, it means I don't have school again until Tuesday.  Being the dork that I am, I miss not being at school.  School brings interesting things with it, both socially and academically.

But this weekend is going to be good.  I have one paper done - for Psychology 101 discussing my purpose in life - and one paper to go, which is my arumentative paper for English Composition 122.  I have to say, it's not that bad of a homework weekend.  Granted I'm not thrilled about then English paper, but I'm a Creative Writing major - I don't like "traditional" English.  It's not going to be that hard, though.

The plan? you ask.  Well, here it is.

I'm going to write that English paper rough draft (due Tuesday) at some point today.  Then I'm going to work on free-writing the rest of the weekend as well as catching up on my free reading.  I'm really excited about the chapter I'm working on in my young adult novel.  It's going to be the piece that I'm going to have workshopped after break in my writing class.  I love my characters so much.

(If you read it, though, you would wonder what kind of crazy life I'm living.  I actually have a really normal family life going on here with a very stable environment.  The characters just came out messed up.  And that's what I love about them.  They are flawed. )

I'm going to be signing up for roller skating lessons pretty soon, too.  My mom finally caved and said she would pay for my lessons.  I didn't expect that at all; I would be happy just to have her drive me over.  And then she went a step further and said that if I truly love roller skating, then she won't say another word about me doing derby.

That's right, guys and gals.  Another year and I'll be on my way to being a Roller Derby Queen.  It is going to be epic on so many levels.  Of course, I need to finish school first and get a job so that I can pay for it, but think about how fun it is going to be.

And even if I don't do derby, skating is such good exercise.  I have this pair of derby skates I bought from Target forever ago.  I would love to get some good use out of them.  Needless to say, I'm pretty excited.

Now I have to go write that paper so my weekend will be cleared. 

Until the next time,

~Meaghan

No comments: