Friday, February 18, 2011

Oh Look. It's a New Post.

I don't know why I feel sarcastic this morning, but I do.  I feel a little snarky.  So if this comes across that way, don't take it the wrong way, readers.  Deal?  Deal.

I just spent twenty minutes updating my Myspace profile.  Yeah, I have one.  No, I don't really use it.  I prefer Facebook for my social networking needs.  Which is just as bad in that it takes up time and, while being a good way to stay in touch with people, is really kind of useless.

Anyway.

So I updated my Myspace.  The last time I was on there, I was 18, still wearing black all the time, and very into Twilight.

My oh my, how things change.

Twilight makes me want to shoot myself.  I am not even kidding.  Now that I'm a writing major and have been studying the craft for a semester and a half, I can see that the books are not that well written.  I may have enjoyed them in high school, but seriously.  Not literature. 

And, as I've said before on here, I feel Stephanie Meyer is a sell out.  She has betrayed her characters and her story for the all mighty dollar.  It's really sad.

Besides, real vampires do not sparkle in the sunlight.  They turn to ash.  You have to invite them in - otherwise, they can't come in.  The way to kill them is with a wooden stake through the heart, nailing their coffins shut, and then sending them down the river. 

Stephen King did it right.

What else has changed since I was 18? 

Well, I like life now.  That's a pretty big one.  I still wear black, but in moderation.  I love the Rocky Horror Picture Show and action/thriller movies vs. loving chick flicks.  I no longer have my wisdom teeth.  I feel more self assured.  Sitting by myself doesn't bother me as much as it did when I was 18.

I still have trouble talking to guys.  I still feel self-concious about my acne and my weight from time to time, but hey, we all do.  I think I'm actually still wearing the same pair of glasses I had when I was 18.  That might not be a good thing.  I still color my hair crazy colors.

It's interesting to see where we all come from.  I like watching the progression.  I think I'm going to start keeping a diary again, just so I can see myself grow into the woman I'm supposed to become.

Ah, it's Friday.  I'm so glad for that.  Time to catch up on homework (which is, thankfully, fairly easy this time), maybe catch up on some reading, and relax.  I'm not going to think about anything too serious.  I'm not going to take myself too serious, like I was doing last night.  I'm not going to over think life.

I think I'm going to go out and have some fun this weekend, actually.

My friend Cathryn and I are planning on going out on Sunday.  What can two young women under the legal age of 21 do for fun? you ask.  Plenty.  We have this tradition in the making where we go to Red Robin, snarf some cheese sticks and burgers, and then go to the mall.

I get some really good writing material from the mall.  The people there on the weekends are crazy.  You've got couples being sickeningly sweet to each other, kids fighting with their parents, bored and frustrated vendors working the food courts.  It's like a writers paradise. 

Why else would they have benches spread out through out?

And on that note, I'm leaving you guys to get my day started.  Have a fantastic Friday!

~Meaghan

No comments: