Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sometimes Rough Mornings...

...mean absolutely nothing.

I was running late this morning.  My alarm is slow by about five minutes and I forgot to compensate for that plus snoozing when I set it last night.  I raced through the shower, raced through putting my make-up on, and tried to race through swallowing my heartburn pill.  (I didn't do so great today; I have trouble swallowing pills, so it's hit or miss.  I'm getting better, but the more of a hurry I'm in or the more stressed out I am, the harder it is to do.  So yeah...)

In the process of running what felt like late in my mind, I sliced my index finger of my left hand with my thumbnail.  The only bandage choices?  The Princess and the Frog or Hello Kitty.  (I'm rocking the Princess one; it's surprisingly hard to type with...)

But I calmed down once I was in the car.  My dad and I had a good talk as I took him to work.  The whole way to school, I worked on focusing on what I need to do, how to do it, and getting myself centered.  Basically, I prayed.  Because honestly, that is sometimes the only thing that works for me.

I made it to school with twenty minutes to spare.  I ate a cinnamon danish for breakfast in the car before going in to class.  My first class went better than expected.  The homework got pushed off till Thursday (yay!) and we got the choice of working in pairs or by ourselves (another yay!) for the in class stuff. 

Psychology was good.  We have to write a paper about where we are and what we're doing with our lives.  It's a question that I hate when people ask me about because really, at age 20, I don't know where I want to go just yet.  But it shouldn't be that hard to write anyway.  The lecture was interesting, but I'm not entirely sure I remember what it was about.  That might not be a good thing...

My writing instructor liked my idea for my portfolio piece.  She also likes the poem I wrote last week enough that she asked permission to share it with the class on Thursday. =D I like how it turned out, as well.

Public speaking was good.  We're getting ready to give another speech.  This time it's informative; I don't know what I'm going to do mine on, but I have all of Spring Break to work it out.

Lunch was good too.  I caved and bought a sandwhich against my better judgement.  Going up to the second floor student area, there were actually places to sit.  As in empty tables, guys.  It was amazing.  I sat at a table, ate my sandwhich and planned out my writing proposal. 

And I took initative in other areas over lunch.  Did we talk?  No.  He did homework and I read.  But I got a smile out of it, the first smile I've been allowed to witness from him.  It was incredible; his whole face seemed to light up.  I'll take it.

I also saw a fellow classmate from last fall, two bald eagles, and was able to drive home with the windows down.  All in all, a great day.

This goes to show, my dear readers, that you can not judge your day by how your morning starts. 

Until we meet again,

~Meaghan

No comments: