Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ugh. More Snow.

I have such a love/hate relationship with this time of year.  It's snowing again and I'm done.  No more, clouds, ok?  Not unless you want to blizzzard, make everything close for the next four days, and then become sunny in the morning.  And even then, I'm not sure I could handle it without going insane.

Such is life here in Colorado.

I'm starting a new project today.  I'm going to make a beret.  I like hats - they are easy to make, aren't very time consuming, use only one ball of yarn, and everyone needs one at some point.  I'm going to start stockpiling them so that I can sell them and maybe make some cash.

The only problem is the needles involved.  I use interchangable circular needles; hats call for a 16" loop most of the time, which I have.  It's involved in a Harry Potter scarf I'm making.  (Slytherin colors, if anyone is interested, because it's the best.) 

So in order to make the beret and various hats I want to make, I have to put my scarf on hold - yet again, as I did this in November in order to make hats for all my friens - and put all the stitches on a needle holder.  I really need to just invest in another 16" loop and an extra set of size 8 tips.  But those cost money.  And the only place I can get the pieces is Hobby Lobby.  One day, though, I will have the parts.  Plus the parts to make sweaters, too.

I think that's about all that's going on here.  I'm dog and child sitting next weekend (yay, income!) which means I will be living at my neighbor's apartment for three days.  No worries, I'll have my computer.  The blog will still be updated.

And now I'm going to go work on my beret.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Until the next time,

~Meaghan

No comments: