Friday, February 18, 2011

Oh, Look at That. Another Blog with a List.

I know I already posted a blog today, but I need to do this one.

I just spent part of the day at the mall with my mom and sister.  And part of that part (if that makes sense to you guys) was spent in the food court.  Sitting at a table in the food court, my pizza from Sabaro's (spelling yet again...?) in front of me, watching people, I made a list that I would like to share with you guys.

It's called:

The Ways the Food Court at the Mall is Like the Second Floor Student Area at My College

1. Both are fairly loud.

 Depending on where you sit at school, you can barely hear yourself think.  Same goes for the food court at the mall.  It's like everyone is talking at the top of their lungs in order to be heard.  Obnoxious to an extent, yes.  But also interesting.  In both places, you end up hearing the weirdest parts of people's conversations.  It does make for great writing material provided you aren't trying to study.

2. Both are busy.

It is kill or be killed, both at school and at the mall.  I am not kidding, either.  If you want a table, you had better move your tush into gear and grab it before the next guy takes it.  It is torture.  At the food court you have the added stress of not tipping your tray as you try to snag a place.  (Please note: this is partially why I try to stay on the fourth floor most of the time.  There are still plenty of people, but it's less competitive for seating.  Plus all my classes are up there...)

3. When walking, you sure as hell had better know where you are going or at least look like you know.

Otherwise you just look like a lost moron.  At least, that's how I feel when I'm in both places.  It's awkward because it can feel like hovering.  The trick is it just pretend you are incredibly confident, know exactly where you are going, and hold your head high.  It works in both places.

4. Both have grouping.

Oh yeah.  You can watch "cliques" in both places.  It's interesting, too.  At college, most of the people are out of high school and so the social dynamics are a little different.  At the food court, you have groups of middle schoolers, families with small children, older people, etc.  All very interesting to watch.

And finally:

5. Both the food court and the second floor of school are better with other people.

By yourself is fine.  Heck, I've spent most of the semester so far entertaining myself.  But it really is more fun if you have someone to sit with.  It's a social thing. 

And that is what I discovered today while eating my mushroom and spinach pizza.  Oh, and this guy from my psychology class works at the frozen yogurt place.  It seems like I always run into people when I go places.  It's kind of funny.

Tonight, we go back to the mall so we can go to the bookstore with my dad.  I love the bookstore.  I have a list of stuff to look at.  It is going to be awesome.

Until next time, dear readers.

~Meaghan

No comments: