Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'm Blogging at School.

And before you ask, no, I am not skipping class.  My English professor was incredibly nice and let us all out 45 minutes early.

That means I have just under an hour to kill before my next class.  I decided to spend it with you, dear readers.

It's still snowing.  I was hoping that school would be cancelled because of the weather, but no such luck.  In a way, I'm glad it wasn't.  Being on campus is a nice change of pace.  I had my coffee.  I had a strawberry pop tart.  I'm ready for this day.  Bring it on.

It's a far cry from how I was feeling this morning.  This morning I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything.  It was more of the anti-social me that has been becoming more prominant as the year progresses.  Being at school is good; it's killing that part slowly but surely.

So for this English class, we are going to be writing an argumentive paper.  We are supposed to be researching topics to do it on; she told us it should be something we are passionate about.  I've started formulating a list of things that I am very passionate about (I may not always show it, but there are certain things that I get really worked up over):

~ Abortion and the woman's right to choose

~How women are portrayed in the media (magazines, commercials, movies, etc.)

~The definition of true beauty and how it's not what Hollywood portrays

~Poor management skills in the workplace and how it does not make for a productive atmosphere

~Men who are chauvanistic (not sure I spelled that right)

And so on.

It's going to be an interesting project and I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into it.  It should be good.  I like writing about things that I feel something towards; things like the rhetorical analysis we just did kill me.

I think that's about all that's going on.  I may blog again later depending on how my day goes.

Until the next time,

~Meaghan

No comments: