Thursday, February 24, 2011

Let the Weekend Roll.

My week is over.  Thank goodness.

Today was such a long day, I don't even feel like I can get into it properly.  It wasn't bad, it wasn't fantastic; it was just long.

I have just submitted a poem to the school publication.  They have a few extra spots and I've been told that they need fiction and non-fiction more than they need poems, but I'm really happy and proud with how this particular poem turned out, so I sent it anyway.  We shall see what happens.

Currently I have a headache bordering a migraine.  I know, I know.  Get off the computer and do something about it.  Well, the Alieve doesn't want to go down and I'm afraid to sleep because I want to sleep tonight.  I blame this headache on weather change.  We're supposed to be getting snow this weekend.  It's not supposed to last long, though, so I'm ok with it.

There are so many good movies coming out in the next few weeks!  I keep seeing movie trailers that really appeal to me.  Now, I know that you have to be careful with movie trailers - they can be deceiving.  But these look genuinely good.  You know how the movies seem to alternate every year, with one year being really good (2009) and the next being kind of a crap shoot (2010)? 

I think this is going to be a good year for movies.  The top of my list, thus far?

~ Beastly

 Beauty and the Beast is by far one of my favorite movies (Disney may have some crappy stuff out there now, but I will always love them for Beauty and the Beast) as well as fairy tales.  The heroine kicks ass, the issue of true beauty is tackled, and in the end, it all works out.  This movie, based on the trailers, looks like it's going to be a great rendition of it.  It is very high on my list.

~ Sucker Punch

 Because, really, who doesn't love a good action movie with cool effects?  I love the principle behind it: a girl gets sent to an asylum and must fight her way out with a band of other locked - up girls while creating their own fantasy land that makes Dungeons and Dragons look like child's play.  (It's not, btw.  I wanted to play a few years ago and got blown away by the number of books and rules involved...)  Plus, it's directed by Zac Snyder (I hope I spelled that right), the guy who did all sorts of awesome movies.  I love what he did with Watchmen and the Guardians of Ga'Hoole.  I have high hopes for this one.

~ Red Riding Hood

 This one I don't really want to see, but my sister is very into.  She loves the story of Little Red Riding Hood.  To be fair, this one does look like it's going to have an interesting take on the traditional story.  I will probably end up waiting until it comes to DVD or the dollar theater.

On top of those, which all come out this week and next week, we have the final Harry Potter movie coming out in July.  The first part (it came out in November) was actually really well done.  I was afraid it was going to be like movie four through six - complete and total crap that went against the books so much that my senses could not handle it.  I was pleasantly wrong.  I can not wait for it to come out. 

I think that about sums stuff up for today.  Phew.

Until we meet again, dear readers.

~Meaghan

No comments: