Saturday, April 23, 2011

All the Excitement Happens After I Leave a Place.

So you guys know how I mentioned in a previous post about being from tornado alley?  Well, a tornado actually went through where I'm from the other day.  I'm slow blogging about it because I only just found out about it today.

Apparently a tornado plowed through the Lambert Airport in St. Louis.  I'm from just south of there.  Luckily, none of my friends out there were hurt, but several of them had to take cover while at work.  Scary times.

It completely reminds me of why I get nervous when the weather gets incredibly severe.  Twisters are completely unpredictable.  I can't remember how many tornado warnings we had growing up.  I was always the one in the family who cowered in a corner of the basement while my parents and sister went outside to watch the storm.  Of course, we never actually had a tornado come through.  They always missed us.

Even now, if I'm stressed or worried, I'll dream of tornados coming for me or my loved ones.  Usually in these dreams, I'm the only one taking cover.  My subconcious likes to prey on my fears, I suppose.

On top of it, I'm really sensitive to weather changes; whenever it gets bad, I feel it before the rest of my family does.  It can kind of be described as the reaction a cat has when put in the shower.  I get very ansy and on edge; I can't sit still and usually end up pacing.

Don't get me wrong, though.  I still love storms.  Just not those with tornados.

Prayers for St. Louis, folks.

~Meaghan

No comments: