Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's 7:35 in the Morning...

...and I'm blogging.   Big surprise there.

Ideally, I'd like to be back in bed, staring aimlessly at my ceiling like I have been for the past two days.  But no such luck.  Katie and I have to be at bell rehersal this morning to prep for the Easter services tomorrow.  I have no idea what I'm doing the rest of the day.  I'd like to say homework, but chances are I'll end up watching movies on my computer or reading something.

Maybe I'll finish the hat I started two weeks ago that I've been procrastinating on.

Tomorrow is Easter.  It blows my mind.  Where did my year go? 

I only have two weeks of school left.  Again, mind blowing.  I'm actually at a point where I like school again; I'm not sure I'm ready for it to end.  Actually, let me rephrase that.  I'm ready for school itself to end, I'm just not ready to stop seeing my friends on a regular basis. 

I still don't have a summer job lined up.  I'm actually starting to get sweaty palms now when I think about it.  I mean, if I don't get a job, I can bum around the whole summer.  But I've also nearly wiped out my savings and I really do need to get tuition and expense money together before fall. 

(That's the deal, folks.  I pay for school, either by cash or by loans; my parents let me live at home and bring me to/from school.  I think it's a fair set up.  It makes me work harder for my degree, that's for sure.  After all, it's not their money I'm wasting if I fail out - it's my own.)

Oh! So happy news time.  Because, you know, we all love happy news.

I found out that Thursday is when the new issue of the school magazine is coming out.  You know, the one that my poem is in.  I think I may have no choice but to go to the release party for a little bit; I'm thinking of inviting one of my friends who has an off period at that time to come with me.

This is kind of a huge deal for me.  I'll actually get to see my name in print.  And my poem.  So exciting.

The other happy news is that I'm feeling a lot better this morning.  Last night I crashed like a rock at 8:30.  I'm a little upset in the stomach today, but ultimately I feel like myself again.  Which is good.  I can't afford to be sick.  I have waaay too much going on in the next two weeks.

I think that about sums up my existence right now.  On to throttle some bells.

~Meaghan

No comments: