Thursday, April 21, 2011

Random Blog is Random.

But hey, at least I'm keeping with the "Let's blog every day for a whole year" resolution.  Even if it is a random blog between classes. 

I had the weirdest nightmare last night.  What happened was I woke up at three this morning with the worst stomach ache.  (I know better than to eat Quedoba because it always makes me sick, but I caved yesterday.  Note to self: fight the temptation of soft tacos.  It's not worth it.)  I stayed awake until after four. 

So when I fell back asleep, I had this crazy dream.  I was at school with one of my friends.  We were reading Orwell's "1984" for some reason.  (It's a good book, but not one I particularly feel the need to re-read.)  I said something, and suddenly he got really mad and told me to get the fuck out.  (I'm 99.99% sure this would never happen in real life...)

Then it was like a scene change.  Said friend, myself, and our third speech member were in the speech lab.  I was standing at the podium about to give my portion of the speech; I started and then realized I had no idea what I was saying.  I got embarrassed and fled from the room.

And then I woke up to my alarm.  It was the first time I remembered a dream since I started taking this anti-depressant.  So even while it was a complete and total stress dream, I'll take it.  It's a sign that things are going back to normal.

I could barely stand in the shower this morning.  I was so dizzy it wasn't even funny.  It was so tempting to just curl up into the fetal position and lay in the bathtub.  But I didn't.  I made it to school.  I'm having a decent morning. 

I still feel kind of funky though.  I really hope it is just Quedoba or my meds; I really don't want to get sick.

On a completely unrelated note, I had a really good talk this morning with my English Comp professor.  I think I may have to apply to a four year school to go ahead and get my teaching degree.  I feel like I'm kind of leaning that way.  I want to teach high school literature.  I think there are enough crappy lit teachers that it turns a lot of students off of reading and writing.  I want to break that mold.

More importantly, though, is the fact that I really need to find a summer job.  I only have two weeks of school left.  And while I would love to spend this whole summer goofing off, I think it's probably a good idea for me to work so I can pay for books and tuition in the fall.  So far I've applied at Borders and Home Depot.  I'm in the middle of filling out an app for Michaels as well.  Then I'll apply at Hobby Lobby, Target, and as a last resort, King Soopers.

I refuse to do food service again.  I don't think you could pay me enough.

And now I have to go to psychology to watch others give their presentations.  Apparently we're going to have a test over each disorder presented; I can honestly say that I haven't paid enough attention to even really remember what disorders we've seen.  But I learn by listening and doodling in my margines, so maybe I'll remember more than I think I do.  At this point, I'm not entirely convinced I care.

Oh! And the new issue of the school magazine (the one with my poem in it) is coming out soon.  That's exciting.

Alright, class.  I got this.

~Meaghan

No comments: