Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Even More Job Applications.

I'm trying to broaden where I apply to.  This morning I applied to King Soopers, Old Navy, and Staples.  I have a list made up of where I've applied and where I want to send more applications to.  So far, I've applied to over seven different companies.  I have about nine more places that I'm planning on applying to.

Someone's bound to call me in the next few weeks.

It amuses me how similar all the applications are.  Gender - female.  Race - white.  Age - twenty.  Do you have a criminal history - no.  Have you ever been terminated - no.  Blah blah blah, fine print - I agree.  Will you consent to having a drug test done - yes.  Will you consent to a background check - yes.

On and on and on.

And then you have these questionaire survey things where they test your personality.  You like being in a large crowd - agree.  You like working with people - agree. 

Etc, etc, etc.

Fun times. 

It's making me think I should just suck it up and go to Metro after I graduate to get a teaching degree.  But then again, the teaching market is saturated as well.  I think the job market on a whole is saturated like a sponge with water is dripping out of it.

Mmkay, happy thought time cause this is stressing me out.

School is almost done.  I have mixed feelings about it.  On the one hand, I'm thrilled that classes are going to be out for the summer.  But on the other, I'm at that point where I have great friends again and I'm going to miss seeing them on a regular basis.

Provided I get a job, I'll be working this summer, so that'll be good.  And even with working, I'll still be able to see my friends.  And I'll be able to catch up on all my knitting and reading and writing that I've had to put off because of school...

I'm really looking forward to warm weather.  I think this is the first time I'm truly happy about summer.  So many good things are coming about.  I turn 21.  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt. 2 comes out on my b-day, which is cool; one of my friends has invited me to go to the midnight showing with him, which I'm really looking forward to.  I'm actually losing weight so that I can feel less self-concious in a swimsuit, so swimming will be fun.  Dog sitting, riding my bike, learning to roller skate better, and hanging out with friends and family is how I'm planning on spending my days.

It is going to be awesome.

And I'm actually healthy for once, too.  I feel balanced both mentally and emotionally.  That has never really happened before.  I feel like I can take on the world again.  I have a really good support system, I'm surrounded by people who actually like me for ME and who I can be myself around, and I'm feeling like things can't really get any better.

 Plus, my views on dating are starting to change, which is strange.  For the longest time, I was completely turned off of it.  You know how it is - one too many guys who are shallow and insensitive jerks.  But now I think I'm starting to consider the idea as something that's not bad but rather good.  Maybe.  I kind of wonder if that means I'm growing up some.

And tomorrow my poem is released to the general public.  I'm rather proud of myself here.  Now, whenever I feel like my writing is complete crap (which happens to all writers), I can look at the school magazine and remember that I wrote something worth publishing. =)

Now, off to finish the chapter for tomorrow and to fill out more applications.

~Meaghan

No comments: