Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pirates!

So my family and I went to see the National Geographic exhibit on pirates at the local museum.  Can I just tell you how awesome it was??

Now, I've always been of the mindset that ninjas are cooler than pirates.  Always.  But I think I'm going to have to change my mind.

The pirate ship they spotlighted was called the Whydah, which started off as a slave ship before being captured by Sam Bellamy.  Once Bellamy took over the ship, it became a pirate ship and plundered other ships for treasures until it crashed in a storm a year later.

It was such an interesting exhibit!  And it made me want to be a pirate.  Oh my goodness, I would've loved to have been one of those brave women who told society to screw off and went to be one of the men.  Feared, respected, awesome.

Of course, if you were caught, you were hung.  That kind of sucked.

But really.  You guys should all go look up Sam Bellamy and the Whydah.  It's really interesting stuff.

Argh!

~Meaghan

No comments: