Sunday, April 3, 2011

Music Challenge Day 28: A Song That Makes You Feel Guilty

Oh, the amazing wonder of music association.


"Pocketful of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield.

Here's why it makes me feel guilty:

This song came out when I was a stupid little teenager (17 and 18) and thought that I really liked this guy I had known for a few years.  I blew off my family and friends a couple of times for him only to have it turn out that it wasn't like that on his end.  Basically, I made a fool of myself and did a lot of really immature things during that time.

This song happened to be playing in his truck on one of those occasions.  I believe it was the night of a choir concert.

So, it's in the past.  I've grown up, moved on, and become friends with him again.  (No romantic feelings, though, which is probably a good thing.)  But I still squirm when I hear this song.

Which is kind of sad, because it is a good song.

Oh well.  Live and learn, right?

~Meaghan

No comments: