Monday, April 18, 2011

My Face Hurts.

No, I did not get punched in the face by a wild elephant or get into an epic bar fight.  Thanks for considering it, though.  (Weren't considering it?  Well, you are now.)

Actually, my face is killing me because I've been laughing so hard tonight.  There is something to be said about being with people who actually understand you and the odd way your brain works.

So what am I doing now?  Packing my backpack, you ask?  Uh, no, but that's probably a good idea.  Running through my presentation on anxiety for psychology that I didn't give last week because we ran out of time?  No, but that's another good idea.  Homework that is due this week that will absolutely wipe me out like windex wipes out streaks if I don't get it done?  Again, no.

 (Kudos to me for the analogy, though.  I'll make a decent writer yet.)

I'm procrastinating. 

It's the weather.  Spring is here in full force.  My allergies are so bad right now that my eyes are perpetually puffy.  And they burn.  My mom made a comment about it this morning:

Mom: Honey, are you ok?

Me: Actually, yes.  I feel the best I've felt in a very long time.  Why?

Mom:  You just seem kind of...out of it.  You don't look like you in your eyes.  They aren't as clear as they normally are.

Me: *Looks in mirror* Oh my God, I look like a stoner!  When did that happen??

So yeah.  Between that and the acne party that my face decided to throw last night (apparently I wasn't invited until the aftermath party this morning when I looked in the mirror), I kind of look like a mess.  I don't mean, I just do. 

Should I worry about?  Who knows.  I've always believed that beauty is more than skin deep, so hopefully no one will judge me this week because of my appearance.  But even if they do, what's it to me?  I'm untouchable at this point.

So I've discovered that I've got massive jitters with this new medicine I'm taking.  I'm going to give it until Monday before I call the doctor.  Hopefully my system will adapt.  I'm really tired of not being able to eat consistently.

And now I have to go let my neighbor's dog out. 

~Meaghan

P.S. - Yay for double posting!

No comments: