Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hey, Hey, It's Wednesday!

All happy exclaimation marks aside, it is, in fact, Wednesday.  Which, I am happy to report, I have finally learned how to spell.  It's only taken me, oh, twenty years.  There's the proof that you don't need to be a good speller in order to be a decent writer. 

(Although it does help.  Spelling errors really do distract the readers, especially anal people like me.  But that's beside the point...)

So what am I doing on the Wednesday?

I'm procrastinating from my homework.  Yes, I'll have to do it at some point.  It won't magically turn itself in tomorrow, double spaced and stapled.  Oh no. 

But I don't feel like doing it at this very moment.

I'm having trouble finding my motivation, actually.  I'm normally very self motivated where school is concerned.  Mainly it's cause I pay tuition and I figure that if I'm not going to do well, then I should use that money elsewhere.  But man, I'm having trouble this week.

I think it's because we just got off break and now have eight weeks of semester left.  Maybe part of it is the weather and how nice it's been lately.  Or maybe I'm just not wanting to do the work.  That could be too.

Oh well.  It'll get done.

So I took the Jeopardy! test last night.  It was brutal.  I don't think I did very well at all, but I'm very happy I tried.  I guess if they contact me then it means I've passed.  All in all, though, it was a pretty good experience.

I'm planning on calling the local skating rink as soon as I'm done updating here.  I want to get in on their roller skating lessons; mainly, I want to make sure that I'm not going to be the oldest person in the class.  I'm pretty excited about it.  It'll be a good form of exercise and something that's just fun to do.  Plus, my derby skates will actually get some use during the week.

I really can't think of anything else that's going on here.  My sister has a stomach bug, which is not good.  I'm a little nervous she's going to pass it off to me.  I've been doing pretty well not being sick this semester.  I've only had one massive cold so far and that nasty gunky feeling has been in my throat for nearly a week without manifesting into anything worse.  So far, so good.

I'm still pretty excited about being published in the school magazine.  Any time I start to doubt myself, I just remember that and it picks me up a bit.  The chapter of my novel is turning out pretty well.  I'm looking forward to getting some feedback so that I can improv upon it.  Feedback is such a great thing as a writer - don't try to be nice, just tell me how it is, and I can make it better.  Love it.

Love writing in general, actually.  Maybe when I'm done with my homework I'll do some extra writing today.

And on that note, I'm going to leave you so that I can get busy with my day.

Until we meet again,

~Meaghan

No comments: