Thursday, March 24, 2011

Know What the Best Smell Is?

The smell of rain on the sidewalk.

I love the smell of rain and how the ozone just kind of seems to trickle down from the sky to the earth.  It's my Midwestern roots coming out.  Nothing will ever replace the smell of rain. 

It's like a good thunderstorm. I love a good thunderstorm. Especially when I need a really good nights sleep. Honestly, nothing makes me sleep better than a storm.


I came out of my last class today and discovered that it had rained.  It was really refreshing after a long day inside doing nothing but learning things that I'm fairly sure I didn't retain.

It's fire season here in Colorado and there are so many fires around us.  Rain in larger quantities would be appreciated. 

To be honest, the fires make me a little nervous.  Until we moved out here, I had never thought about wild fires.  It was always more of flash floods and tornados instead.  Nearly six years out here and I'm still not used to the thought of fires running rampant.

The nice thing is that we've never been evacuated.  At least, not yet.  I'm still waiting for the day when my nightmare happens and our area is evacuated.  I'm pretty sure it's a slim chance.

Ah rain.  We need you to give us a good storm.

(Apologies if this blog made no sense.  I've been running off of three and a half hours of sleep or so today.)

~Meaghan

No comments: