Sunday, March 27, 2011

Music Challenge Day 21: A Song You Listen to When You're Happy

Can you guys believe is?  The music challenge is nearly done.  It's amazing to me how time flies.

So, happy songs.  Truth be told, I'm a hopeless romantic who listens to a ton of music about heartbreak and death.  I know, I know.  It's good to have a variety of things to listen to.  But the darker, deeper stuff really does appeal to me.

It changes when I'm happy, though.  If I'm in a seriously good mood, I love stuff that is up beat and catchy with lyrics I can sing along with.  And I always end up back at this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuNIsY6JdUw

Taylor Swift's song, "You Belong with Me".

I love this song.  I can belt it out, I know all the lyrics, and it's super catchy.  It's up beat.  It's fun.  And yeah, it does kind of fit every non-relationship I've ever not had.  (Having trouble figuring that one out?  Give it some time and it'll make sense.)

Whenever I'm happy, I go through the realm of music - everything from "Tequila" to Beck's "Girl" - and always end with Taylor Swift. 

Because even songs about unrequited love/like can be fun and uplifting.

~Meaghan

No comments: