Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring Break, Day Five: The Realization of Homework.

I woke up at four this morning and all I could think was "Crap, I have homework."

Awful timing for realizing that, too.  You know how it is, dear readers.  Everything seems bigger, scarier, and more like a crisis at four in the morning.  Granted, it never is as big or as scary or a crisis, but your mind doesn't know that at the groggily early hours before dawn.

So now I have a choice.

I can face my homework and get it done before break is over, leaving me the rest of the week to waste time.

Or  I can put it off until the weekend.

I think I'm going to compromise and get part of it done today, then push the rest off until later.  It's still procrastinating.  It's just a more...productive...way of doing it.

I feel like break is starting to drag anyway.  I mean, I love being on break as much as the next person.  But school was my flavor packet that shook up the raman of my week.  (You know it's bad when I'm coming up with odd metaphors.) 

But, fun things are going to abound this week.  I'm going out with a friend tomorrow for ice cream.  I'm going to the museum with my family on Thursday (after I survive a doctor's appointment - yay for yearly check ups...).  I'm getting my hair colored and cut on Friday.  And I might be going out with another friend on Saturday.

So it's going to be a good rest of the week.  I just have to let myself enjoy relaxing.

And getting that homework done.  Very important there.

And hey, I got part of my tax refund back today.  Life is good.

Enjoy your Tuesday, dear readers.

~Meaghan

No comments: