Monday, March 28, 2011

Music Challenge Day 22: A Song You Listen to When You're Sad

I actually named my blog after this song.  That's right. 

When I'm sad, I listen to "Stars and Boulevards" by Augustana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xih8l7YAT6g

I like how melancholy (that spelling doesn't look right at all, but I'm going to roll with it anyway) the bass is.  I love how the lyrics allow me to wallow in my heartache and depression.

(You can't go wrong with a song that talks about always being alone.  I think my favorite line is "Just like to hear your voice and pretend to touch / Any inch of you that hasn't said it all or read it all or / Sung my life away..."  So poetic and sad at the same time.)

  And really, Augustana is such a great band anyway. 

Love it.  Don't know what that says about me, but I love it. 

~Meaghan

No comments: