Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Music Challenge, Day 3: A Song That Makes You Happy

I am notorious for listening to a lot of mellow, almost downer-like music.  It's true.  But most of the time, it calms me down.

Every once in a while, though, there's that bright burst of sunshine that blasts through my iPod and that makes me want to sing and dance like there is no tomorrow.

Today's selection?  "Girl" by Beck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkCg-3nxT8E

Beck is awesome.  There really is no other way to put it.  He's not afraid to make a fool of himself for the sake of music and entertainment (such as the video for his song "Loser").  He writes songs that are catchy and that are jam-packed with commentary on everything from society to life in general. 

In other words, I love his stuff.

"Girl" is the kind of song that I always want to dance to when I hear it.  It's got that beat that makes me feel like the sun is shining and that things are going to be ok.  I first heard it right before my family moved to Colorado (it literally came out the week before we left) and it's been one of my favorites ever since.  The music video is pretty clever too, I think.

So that's my happy song.  Your turn. =)

~Meaghan

No comments: