Friday, March 18, 2011

Music Challenge Day 12: A Song From a Band You Hate

Hate is such a strong word.

In all honesty, I don't hate anything.  I mean, I strongly dislike some things and I really want to high five certain people in the face from time to time, but I don't hate them.  So it's kind of hard, once again, to pick something.

That being said, there is a group that freaks the heck out of me.  They're called the Black Veil Brides.  Here's their song "Knives and Pens."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEb3GQqdHD4

Now, screamo and emo music is fine.  I don't really have anything against it.  I mean, when I'm having a bad day, I like cranking up my fair share of Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, Metallica, and Marilyn Manson to scream along with.  Heck, I've even been known to listen to Hollywood Undead from time to time.  (Albeit, not very often.)

But this group takes the cake.  I like the first minute of the song, but oh my gosh.  Please.  Stop screaming.  Stop looking at me like that while your screaming.  Stop staring me down like I'm the prey and your the demon possessed hunter. 

Yes, I am aware that there is a computer screen separating me from them but really.  They freak me out.  And that says a lot coming from me.  I can not handle it at all.

So to all the Black Veil Brides fans out there, my apologies.  I just can not handle your group.  They are too much for me to take in and digest.

~Meaghan

No comments: