Monday, March 14, 2011

Music Challenge Day 8: A Song You Know All the Words to.

I have so many I could pick for this.

You see, dear readers, I'm one of those obsessive people.  Especially where music and books are concerned.  If I find a book I love, I'll read it at least twice.  If I find an author I love, I'll find all of their books at the library and slowly work my way through them.  If I find a musical artist I enjoy, I'll find as many CD's of theirs that I can and listen to them, track by track, analyzing the lyrics and the tempos.

So when I find a song I like, I listen to it over and over again until I know all the words and can sing along.

This is why this is such a hard choice for me.  I know the words to almost all the "Highest Rated" songs on my iPod.  Picking one is difficult.

In the end, I picked "21 and Invincible" by Something Corporate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp5o6Tl9v7U&feature=related

The link is for an acustic version which is nice.  However, I still prefer the original.  I just couldn't find a copy on youtube that I liked of it.

Something Corporate is the precursor of Jack's Mannequin.  I found them in reverse order, falling in love with the Jack's Mannequin album "Everything in Transit" before finding and loving the Something Corporate album "North".  Purists would say I can't really be a fan because I didn't know of Something Corporate first; I disagree. 

After all, they are both bands by singer Andrew McMahon, who I adore.  His musical talent is amazing.  His songs all have beautiful piano parts in them and lyrics that give me chills.

"21 and Invincible" feels like a fitting song, as I myself will be turning 21 this summer.  Not that I think I'm invincible or anything.  I know better than that.  But it's such a great song.  It's fun to blast in the car and sing along with at the top of my lungs.

And it didn't take me that long to learn the words, either. =D

So there you have it: a song I know all the words to.

~Meaghan

No comments: