Monday, March 28, 2011

I Can Skate!

So I've been practicing my roller skating the past week and a half.  You know, in pursuit of the derby dream and all that jazz.

I can actually do it.  I'm so proud of myself.  It's like I've finally found my center of balance.  And it's fun.

Granted, I'm just doing it on a small patch on the sidewalk outside our apartment, but still.  This is massive progress.  I'm thinking that by the end of the week I should be able to skate around the complex.

Which means that by the time I'm ready to do derby, I should be golden. 

(You have to be 21 to do roller derby, which means I'm not able until this summer.  Plus I promised my mom I'd wait until I had my own vehicle and steady job, so we're looking at sometime after I graduate.  I think I'll be ready to go by next summer or fall.  Plenty of time to practice.)

That's been about the highlight of my day, realizing that I do have the ability to follow this crazy ass dream of mine.  It's very uplifting.

And now that I've shared that with you guys, I'm off to pack my backpack for tomorrow.

~Meaghan

P.S. - Provided everything goes well tomorrow and I can get one of my classmates to agree to it, I will have footage of my zombie speech up by the end of the week.  You know, in case any of you want to see it. =)

No comments: