Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pile on That Homework...

...and bring it on.

Oh, I have a million things due for next week, but I'm actually motivated to do them.  It's interesting. 

My day was actually pretty good, all things considered.  It's St. Patrick's day, so I wore green.  I knitted this green cabled scarf over spring break, so I paired it up with a nice kelly green blouse I own.  There are only a handful of holidays I really get into (Halloween, Christmas, Easter, etc.) and this is one of them.  So I figure, live it up a bit.

(This time next year I will be legal, so I'm thinking about getting a group together to go to a local tradition here called "Kegs and Eggs".  It has live music from really good bands; I think one year they got OK GO to come out.  Plus green beer...)

I ended up skipping my psychology class today.  I just could not do it.  I had a headache and I could not put myself through the pain of sitting in a hot classroom full of loud students while listening to a lecture I really don't care about.  Not with a headache on top.

So I slept on one of the couches for a half hour (I hate falling asleep at school, but sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do here) and then went and got some lunch from McDonald's.  I hung out with one of my friends on the second floor until it was time for Public Speaking.

(BTW, while sitting on the second floor, the guy I thought I had freaked out smiled at me.  It made my whole day.  No, he still doesn't know my name; the only reason I remember his is because we had class last semester and, as a writer, I'm pretty good with names and faces.  But still.  He smiled at me. =D)

I need to start writing my next speech.  I think I'm going to try to get that done this weekend along with the paper and slides that are due for my psychology class on Tuesday. 

I'm kind of resigning myself to having a B in my Creative Writing class.  It's not that I'm a bad writer.  I think it's more of the fact that it's a difficult class and I'm having trouble figuring out my writing style.  But hey, I'm learning stuff.

I'm dog sitting again this weekend.  It makes me nervous, just because I don't want the dog to die on me.  I don't think she will, though.  Like everything else, I need to just take it one day at a time.

And on that note, I'm off for dinner.

Until we meet again, dear readers.

~Meaghan

No comments: