Monday, March 21, 2011

Music Challenge Day 15: A Song That Describes You

This is hard.  I, like a lot of people, have trouble seeing myself as I am.  I mean, yeah, you see the the you in the bathroom mirror.  But you also see the you that no one else really sees and it's not always a pretty picture.

So it's hard for me to see myself the way that I am.  I see where I've been in nearly perfect clarity and I can kind of see where I am right now although it feels kind of blurry around the edges.  But that's the nature of being human, I suppose.

In the end, I chose "Hands" by Jewel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfsS3pIDBfw

The reason I chose this one is because it's so true.  My hands are small: I'm a twenty year old college student; I have no idea what, or if, I even make an impact along the way.  But they are mine and basically mine alone.  I make choices and I hold by those.  I try to reach out, I try to help out, and I try to live the kind of life that is worthy of being a Christian.  (As Jewel sings in her song, we are all God's eyes, hands, etc.)

Plus, I feel like I've proven that I'm not broken.  At least, not easily.  I feel like no one can hurt me because I know I'll bounce back with God's help and my own determination.

So if any song has to represent me, it has to be "Hands". 

(And at any rate, it's a great song.  Jewel is an amazing writer and musician.)

~Meaghan

No comments: