Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Music Challenge Day 9: A Song You Can Dance to.

I am so proud to say that while you guys are out there doing your macarana and hokey pokey, I can successfully dance this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ff0cOPSpVA

That's right, folks.  It's the "Time Warp" from the Rocky Horror Picture show.

How I love this movie.  I can not even go into it.  Dr. F, Magenta, Columbia, Brad, Janet, and the professor.  And of course, my favorite: Riff Raff.

It is such a trip of a film.  It makes no sense whatsoever, and if you try to make sense out of it, you'll basically end up confused.  I love it.

Doing the Time Warp at a live screening is such a blast.  Everyone is jamming the aisles and seats.  No one cares if you look like an idiot or not.  It's so much fun.  It's fun doing it at home, too.  There are variations you can throw in to the basic steps.

(I want to go see the Rocky Horror Picture Show live again; I need to get a group together.  Any takers?  We can all grab party hats and go as "Party Goers"...)

And that is a song I can dance to with immense enjoyment.

~Meaghan

No comments: