Saturday, March 5, 2011

I'm Wound Up...

...and so there shall be a second post.  Bwahaha.

I just completely realized that I can still taste the iodine that they shot me full of yesterday in the ER.  If you have never had a CT scan where they have to use it, let me break it down for you.

First, they flush the line with a saline solution.  You don't feel it, but you can taste it.  It's like very salty water.  How it is that you can taste it without feeling it, I don't know, but it's amazing to me that the human body works like that.

Then they send in the iodine. 

It's like a heat wave that (for me, at least) starts at your ears and runs all the way down your body.  I felt like I was in an overheated car in the middle of July that was parked in the noon sun.  Crazy feeling.  And you feel like you're peeing your pants, which was...uncomfortable...to say the least.

But it tastes so weird.  It's like copper and salt mixing.  Everything I ate last night after they released me, especially if it was sweet, tasted awful.  My cherry coke was like drinking a combination of diet soda and lighter fluid.  (Not that I know how lighter fluid tastes, but that's what I think it would be like.)

I went to bed with a bad taste in my mouth, I woke up with a bad taste in my mouth.  I brushed my teeth and it wasn't the refreshingly minty experience I'm used to. 

Granted, as the day has progressed, it's gotten better.  But just sitting here, checking my email, updating my twitter, and whatnot, I notice it. 

Soo salty.  Soo gross.

On a completely different note (I did say I was a bit high strung right now), my neighbors dog is freaking me out.  I'm watching her today and tomorrow on a spur of the moment thing for my neighbor.  So far, no seizures (thank heavens), but she has been acting a little neurotic.  She keeps slamming her nose into the carpet and running around. 

I've taken her outside and run with her.  I've kept her water up.  I've made sure she's had food and treats.  I just don't understand.  I don't think it's a full moon.  Happily, my neighbor gets home early tomorrow afternoon, so as long as she doesn't die or get sick or have a seizure, we should be good.

(I realize, as many of you probably have by now, that I worry about the weirdest things.  But this is coming from the girl who used to be afraid of everything.  Honestly, it is improving.  I mean, I'm riding elevators now, for crying out loud.  Still hate spiders though...)

Mmmmmkay.  This was a random bonus blog.  I'm going to try to go to bed now.

Hopefully the dog will have calmed down by the time morning gets here and the iodine taste will be gone for good...

~Meaghan

No comments: