Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Music Challenge Day 24: A Song You Want Played at Your Funeral

Wow, weren't we kind of talking about this one yesterday?

So, I did use to plan my funeral for fun.  But as time has progressed, I've stopped thinking about it and have moved on.  Which means I don't really remember what songs I wanted played.  I know I wanted balloons, but I can't remember the music I wanted.

Just as well.

Now, as a Christian, I realize I'm not technically going to be present for my funeral.  Maybe I'll come by while it's going on to say goodbye to people.  But other than that, I will be in a much, much better place.  That being said, you guys could play anything for my funeral and it would be fine.

But if I had a choice, I would choose "Just Breathe" by Pearl Jam.


I love this song.  Yeah, it's incredibly sad.  That sadness is part of why I like it.  It's soft compared to a lot of Pearl Jam's other stuff, and it's got really poignant lyrics.  (Not to mention I write while listening to it, too.)

So if I die anytime soon - which hopefully I won't - you can play this at my funeral.

~Meaghan

No comments: