Saturday, March 26, 2011

Music Challenge Day 20: A Song You Listen to When You're Angry

Bwahaha.

Ah, getting angry.  I don't know how much of the time I get mad or just frustrated, but I know it used to be really bad back in high school.  (We don't want to look in the closet of high school, dear readers.  Trust me on this.)

I believe it was Sophmore year when I discovered My Chemical Romance with this song, "I'm Not Okay".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOnI5GGpXck

Oh yeah.  They are the one group I can always turn on when I'm angry or frustrated (starting with Sophmore year all the way to now, actually) and scream along with.  I always feel better, too, when I do.  I think it has something to do with the fact that the music is filled with so much adrenaline and I'm filled with so much adrenaline that it can't help but make me feel better.

Or myabe it's just Gerard Way.  I love Gerard Way.  I mean, look at his hair and smile.  Listen to those powerhouse lyrics.  Admire the way his voice goes from smooth to shouty in a matter of moments.

Ah.  Anyway.

So when I'm mad, I turn on MCR.  Because honestly, it works.  Always has.  Always will. =)

Your turn, readers.

~Meaghan

No comments: